Monday, June 10, 2013

easy chocolate buttercream frosting

It's hard to imagine this is only my 3rd time making chocolate buttercream! The last time I made it, I used butter and cream cheese as my base for the frosting. This time I made it with all butter and I must say it was the best tasting chocolate buttercream ever! My kids and my husband loved it, and trust me they are a hard bunch to please!!



easy chocolate buttercream frosting
makes enough to frost 12 cupcakes

2 3/4 cups confectioners sugar
6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
6 tbsp unsalted butter
5 tbsp whole milk
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt

sift together the confectioners sugar, cocoa and salt
beat butter until smooth, gradually add in the sugar mixture
add vanilla & milk and beat on high speed for 2-3 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment