Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Banana chip cupcakes with warm vanilla glaze!

I promised myself not to bake anything until Valentine's day! but as I walked past 2 very ripe bananas over the weekend I couldn't help myself come Monday morning! This recipe will yield 12 light and fluffy cupcakes I also added in a few tablespoons of mini chocolate chips for my chocolate loving kids and they were sure pleased! 


Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes!

2 very ripe bananas
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch of kosher salt
1/3 cup melted butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners.

mash the bananas with a fork in a large bowl.
add the melted butter, egg, sugar and vanilla and mix until well combined.
sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a separate bowl 
slowly add and stir into the banana mixture until no traces of flour remain.
fold in the chocolate chips and bake for 18-20 minutes.

vanilla glaze

1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla

mix all together in a small bowl until smooth.

drizzle over cupcakes with a spoon.

eat and enjoy!!








No comments:

Post a Comment